We all try to teach good character traits to our kids. Sometimes I wonder if I am doing a good job of imparting those lessons, especially with the problems I have with Jim, but now and then something will happen that lets me know those little character lessons do stick with them.
I received a note from one of Jeff's teachers commending him for extending help and friendship to those who need it most. Curious, I asked Jeff what had happened at school and he told me about a boy. This boy was being shunned by all the other kids. They claimed he was stinky and this and that so the kids as a group refused to include him in on anything. When Jeff saw the situation he stepped out from the crowd and became friendly and kind to this boy. I'm so proud to be the mother of an 8 year old boy who will think not about himself, but will extend compassion to another person who is in need. He is indeed a special young man.





1 comment:
Aw, what a sweet boy Jeff is. You must be so proud! I love that he reached out on his own.
Post a Comment