James was on vacation last week so I kept pretty busy during my off time. The kids had no school Thursday so he took Jen to visit HBU. They both loved it.
Pros for HBU -
- closest to home, which I think will play a big part in the long run
- small community
- security - campus is completely fenced in w/carded gate access
- christian, which she loves
- high percentage of pre-med graduates accepted to medical school
We'll be visiting the others. Soon, I hope. :)
Friday was also report card day and awards for the elementary school. Jeff got his share. :)
Let's see....
A-B Honor Roll, Perfect Attendance, Principal's Award for excellent behavior, 10 AR points...
I think that might be it.
Jeff with his teacher, Ms Lee
Jeff with his best bud, Brendan
James then had a game to officiate on Friday night. Jeff begged to go. He couldn't go unless he had someone to watch him. Jen didn't want to watch him. Guess who ended up going so Jeff could go? Yea, me. The damp air played a huge part in me fighting this cold, I believe. Anyway, 10 minutes into the game Jeff decided he was bored. "What can we do?" he asked. "How much longer is the game?" he asked. We made several trips to the concession stand. Then I found a fundraising table for one of the bands trip to play in the Rose Bowl parade and bought a *loud* noisemaker thingie. He *loved* that and commenced to make lots of noise. Later a dog wandered up so Jeff and another boy were playing with it. Then came the clencher of the evening....
This kid looks over at me and then back at Jeff to ask, "Is that your grandma or your mom?"
I about fell out of my chair!!!!!!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment