I think every city has a spring festival. :) It's a fun time of year. Saturday we spent a few hours at one. There was a band, of course. And many choices of food. You just can't go to a festival without getting pork kabobs and funnel cakes. lol Shopping at all the little booths was fun. We even bought a few things. My favorite I just *have to share. It is a small wood box with a slot in the top so you can use it as a bank but the unique part was the old post office box combination lock door. I love it! I'll have to get a picture of it and post it. He also had a washer game set in a small hinged wood box that James bought for himself. It was a nice day...sunny.
Today James got the garden planting fever so he and Jen spent hours planting azalea bushes and a vegetable garden. He even bought me a rose bush. I just haven't figured out where I want to put it yet. And speaking of gardening...today is James' grandpa's birthday! Yes, vegetable gardens always remind me of him. When I told Jeff today that his great-grandpa was 95 today he got all excited..."Only FIVE MORE YEARS and he will be 100!" Too cute. :)
I need to get some shock for the pool. I expect the kids will be wanting to swim in another 4-6 weeks and it's been neglected for a few months now. I'm *hoping I don't have to drain the entire thing to clean the bottom and then refill it. It took almost a week just to fill the blasted thing last time. We have to constantly turn off the water and let the well pump get some rest to keep it from burning up. I don't relish forking out another $1,000. to replace it again.
Anyway, I love the bright colors and new life of spring. Easter is just around the corner. It's a beautiful time of year.





No comments:
Post a Comment