Tuesday, February 26, 2008

events

Today was my dear James' 40th birthday! WooHoo! His parents and sister surprised him for lunch. He made things difficult for me to coordinate everything until I finally told him, "You have to work with me here!" Of course, that made him suspect something was happening. It was nice seeing them.

For dinner James picked up Jim and we had dinner out with the kids, just simple burgers and such. I gave James his birthday gift, an mp3 player. "What is that?" he asked with a puzzled look on his face. I had to explain that it was the little music storage device that he wanted to plug into the stereo in his truck. He decided he liked it then. lol We took some fun pictures with the chicken. I'll have to put that up later. (I have days of pictures to post, don't I?)

So, the freakiest part of the evening...We were back home and I was sitting here at my desk when I heard a loud hissing coming from my computer! I kinda scooted back some and asked, "What is that?!" When it did it again James said, "I don't know but I'd get away from there if I were you. It sounds like a snake!!!" Panic set in and I was beginning to stumble away from the area when I look down and see a cat under my desk. When I stood up and walked around the desk I found another cat there looking under the desk....Both male cats and preparing for a fight. It seriously sounded like a snake was hiding behind my computer or something. FREAKY!!! I told Jen to get those cats OUT of my house, NOW!!! Gee, can't a mom relax in the evening?

No comments: