Tuesday, July 03, 2007

eagle nest

An eagle nest was found in the area months and months ago and became quite the buzz around here. It was common to have cars lined up to watch the eagle nest. I do know they hatched at least one eaglet but not how successful they were.

Anyway, one day last week people were spotted razing down the wooded area where the nest is! They did call the game warden who arrested the men. I don't know if the nest was destroyed. I hope not. I'd love to see this pair nest here again. It is too sad to think that the nest may be gone. :(


Now, I do have a couple of dogs that need to go. They attacked the poor goat a couple of days ago. They were biting and yanking/tearing his precious gems. Poor Freddie. His screams were horrible to hear.

We aren't planning too much exciting for the 4th........grilled burgers, ribs, sausage, and chicken and just us here at home. James wants to do fireworks. I, myself, get no thrill out of spending money just to make noise and smoke. I prefer to go watch a nice city display somewhere. My all-time favorite fireworks display is in Houston. It was awesome! But then I can't think about firework displays without remembering the July 4th we spent in Korea. Other GI's stopped by the house for some mixed drinks and *they shared some with poor Missy. She was drunker 'n a skunk. Then we walked on down to post for a uso sponsored concert and fireworks. Those were the days before parenthood. :)

So, with more torrential rain expected tomorrow, who knows how successful our celebrations will be. We may just be cooking those 'burgers and ribs inside this year...

No comments: