Tuesday, October 09, 2007

moan, groan, grumble, grumble

I somehow somewhere managed to catch someone's cold. I had ARD meetings Thursday and Jeff's teacher was sick and then Friday I subbed and one of the kids sniffling all day. But no matter where I got it, I did, and now and am misearble. And when I don't feel well, I am usually in a very grumpy mood. I need prayers for not just for the illness but also for my grumbling, grouchy spirit.

Other than all that boring stuff, I have been sewing! Jen has clinicals for her health sciences class and must have an exact brand in the exact color that the class chose at the end of last year. Bright NEON apple green. She says she looks like a tree. lol We quickly ran into problems. The brand doesn't sell skirts in that color. The shirts had to be special ordered so we ordered a couple the middle of August. Well, here it is two months later and the shirts *still no shirts. I searched around and found neon green fabric that is a surprisingly close match bought that and a pattern to make scrubs. I did, however, let it sit until Jen, in a very panic sounding voice, said "Mom! I *have to have them THIS Tuesday!" Anyway, long story short, I've spent every moment of my free time the past couple of days sewing one set of bright neon green scrubs. She has clinicals Tuesdays and Wednesdays so I must now make another set. I won't have any free time to sew until Friday so she'll just have to make it work this week. I do need to get a pic of her, though. My baby girl is too cute! lol

No comments: