Saturday, August 12, 2006

routines and school

With just one day left before the start of a brand new school year I've been trying/attempting to get these boys into their early to bed routine but that has been a big laugh, or should I say cry? They spend an hour after showers inventing reasons why they 'must' get back up out of bed. Tonight instead of the 8:30 bedtime it was 9:30 before I finally got them settled. I know......patience, it will happen. I am dreading the 1st week tired crankiness that always happens but we'll settle in quickly enough.

It's so hard to realize that this is Jared's last year in elementary. He'll be changing classes/teachers during the day. wah! It's exciting to see them grow up but sad at the same time. He is excited about being one of the 'big guys' on campus. lol

We have everything ready. I love that feeling. (wait, I do need to take Jen for a pair of sandles) I'm wondering, though.........We have had a shortage of those red checking pencils here. We're talking you can not find them ANYWHERE!!! I've searched office depot, mannings, staples.......you name it I've searched there. What I'm wondering is......is this just in our area or has the red pencil companies decided there is just no need for them any longer and quite making them??? I think there are going to be some teachers doing without their red marking pencils this year. There is a manilla paper shortage as well..........what is up with that? Sorry kids, no drawing this year........

James got the boys clothes out of layaway this evening. It was like Christmas with the boys going thru the box of clothes that they helped pick out in the first place. lol They seem to think a Superman shirt is mandatory school uniform or something. I have this sneaky suspicion that those will be the shirts of choice for the first day on Monday. What do you wanna bet?

No comments: